Friday, August 22, 2008

The Staves


A big thank you to Kim, Andrew and Ieva Stave.

They not only took us in, lent us their bed, fed us, showed us around, introduced us to their friends, and taught us about Lithuania--they were great and fun companions. When I was at George Fox I worked for Kim in residence life. My first backpacking trip was a retreat for residence life staff--we called it walkabout--and Kim was my leader. That and the entrance to residence life were a defining moment in my young adult development.

That was nine years ago, and it has been about eight years since working for her. So wonderful and amazing to meet again, on the other side of the world.

A big thank you to this wonderful family.

Also, please note that the Staves are missionaries funded by donation. They work as Dean of Students and Athletic Director at LCC International University. If you are interested in this kind of cause, please consider donating to them.

No comments: