Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick

In the span of about 20 minutes Ron went from strolling down the streets to lying in bed shivering with a fever of 101. He topped out at 102.5 and the fever broke about 10 hours later. It became evident that it was traveler’s diarrhea, we started him on Cipro and he was well on his way to healed within a couple pills.

The day Ron started feeling better I woke up at 1pm (after sleeping 12 hours), took a nap from 2:30pm-4:30pm and then went to sleep at 10pm. My sickness seems to be a nasty head cold (not surprising from the number of times I have literally been sneezed or coughed upon by other people since arriving).

Counting my two-day stomachache when we arrived that’s 3 illnesses in 10 days. I sure hope it doesn’t continue at this rate. We’ve spent the past 6 days huddled in bed one of us sleeping, the other reading and getting food. Not exactly how we imagined serving in Kolkata, but for now it will have to do.

No comments: