Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Class of '99

We flew home to Seattle for a whirlwind weekend attending my 10 year high school reunion. Friday night's event was at a fancy place downtown, and Saturday afternoon was a BBQ held on the lawn out in front of the high school.

To be honest, high school wasn't my favorite time of life. But, I had a wonderful time at the reunion. I think part of the fun was showing myself how much I've grown and changed. It's good to look with adult eyes at people/places that used to have the power to make you feel so insecure/afraid...and with the logic of a not-17-year-old, realize just how far you've come.

I really enjoyed seeing my old classmates and hearing what has been happening in their lives for the past ten years. I've already hosted an old classmate for dinner who was traveling to Boston!

It felt good to make peace with the past and to move forward knowing that I have grown up a lot.

(My graduating class was about 100 people. The bottom picture was taken towards the end of the BBQ and many people had already left. There are some professional pictures of the whole group from Fri night, but they're not posted yet; I'll post it when I see it!).

No comments: