Friday, January 22, 2010

A Romantic Nov 6th Evening

On a whim, I decided to surprise Ron by recreating our favorite Portland restaurant, Urban Fondue, at home. He was coming from a presentation at school and was all dressed up. I used their online menu, my creativity and a little rogue substituting to create a pretty great night!


Course 1: Cheese fondue with swiss, mozzarella, gruyere, parmesan, garlic and some white wine (but I didn't have any so I used champagne,) artisan bread, apples and red peppers to dip.
Course 2: Chicken cooked in chicken broth, dipped in one of seven sauces (inspired by Urban Fondue, adapted by Trina). Peanut butter, Maple syrup/soy sauce, Pesto, Raspberry fruit spread, Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard and one other I can't remember. Sounds weird, but it was fun. Chicken is pretty flexible.

Course 3: The most important, chocolate! Strawberries, graham crackers and homemade macaroons dipped in Trader Joe's 72% dark chocolate.


We don't have a fondue pot,

No comments: